- How can I find flight departure and arrival information?
- Can I cancel or change a booking?
To cancel a booking you need to contact us. Please have your booking number, name and travel dates available. Refunds are only possible if your booking included a cancellation insurance and you meet the relevant conditions. Please note that different regulations apply for different kinds of tickets.You can change your booking for a small fee although this is dependant upon the rules and restrictions of the ticket originally purchased. To check or change your booking you need to contact us. Please have your booking number, name and date of trip available for information.
When you fly only with Icelandair you can also change your ticket at „My trips“.
- My name is spelled incorrectly in my reservation.
If an incorrectly spelled name is entered in the booking process you will have to contact us immediately.
- Can I pay cash when booking on the Icelandair website?No, you will have to use a credit card when booking online with Icelandair.
- Can I travel while I am pregnant?
If travelling during the last month of pregnancy women will have to present a medical certificate issued not less than 72 hours prior to departure.
- Can I choose a seat when I book online?
Yes, you can choose a seat online during the booking process. Click 'Seat Map' when you get to the travel plan during your booking.
Some users will not see this option during their booking. The reason for this is that the program Java Virtual Machine on your computer does not upload properly and needs to be updated. Java Virtual Machine is not installed automatically on computers.
Please update Java Virtual Machine if you would like to choose a seat online. Go to www.java.com and click 'Download' or wait for an automatic update. As soon as your software is updated you can choose a seat during booking.
- How many people can I book in the same reservation?
Icelandair's web site allows you to book for up to nine (9) people in the same reservation. If you are booking for more than 9 people please contact our group department.
- Can I book a one-way ticket?
Click here and select One Way to purchase a one way ticket.
At the airport
- How can I find flight departure and arrival information?
- Can I check in on the Icelandair website?
Yes, you can check-in on the Icelandair website or using your mobile device. See your online check-in page for details.
- How much luggage can I travel with?
Please click here to find information about baggage rules and conditions.
- What do I do if my luggage is lost or damaged?
If checked-in luggage gets lost or is damaged on arrival please let ground staff know as soon as possible after arrival at the airport. Please use our online Baggage Inventory Form or write to us within 7 days.
- Do you have any Business Class Lounges?You can relax in private lounges provided for your convenience and comfort in all US and European airports served by Icelandair. Click here to view a list of the lounges that Icelandair uses.
- What are the excess baggage fees?
Excess baggage fees are charged if the bag is oversized in dimension or weight, and doubled if a bag is oversized in both dimension and weight. Click here for information about excess baggage fees.
- How much carry-on baggage can I bring into the cabin?
Please click here for carry-on baggage rules and conditions.
- What rules apply for travelling with skis, bicycles, golf sets and other items?
Please click here for information about travelling with sports equipment.
Payment on board
- What will the payment options be?
Aftter 29th of April 2016, we will accept debit cards, all credit cards, and Saga Points. Moreover, also passengers can Pre-Purchase meals online before their journey.
- Why are we going Cashless?
There are a number of advantages to going cashless. First and foremost, passenger services will be even more efficient and the payment process will be faster. Time now spent on counting cash payments will from now on be used on providing a faster on-board service. Moreover, all post-flight settlements will be swifter and crew members will have more time to make your journey smoother. This change is not without precedent. Many of the world’s largest airlines no longer accept cash on board. For example, American Airlines implemented this change in February 2010 and many other leading airlines, like Continental Airlines, United Airlines, JetBlue and Southwest followed suit.
- Can I pay with cash onboard and what currency do you accept?
As of 29th of april 2016 we only accept electronic payments.
- How do I know if the airplane has Wi-Fi?
You will see a Wi-Fi icon when you enter the airplane.
- Where can I find my booking reference number?
This is a six character code on your ticket, as well as on the mobile boarding pass.
- What rules apply for children traveling alone?
On Icelandair flights an Unaccompanied Minor (UM) is a child between 5-11 years of age (11 inclusive) who is NOT accompanied by a passenger 12 years of age or older having the same reservation status and capable of taking full responsibility for the child.
Maximum four (4) Unaccompanied Minors may be carried on each flight.
A child from 3 months to 4 years of age (4th year included) will not be accepted for travel unless accompanied by a passenger who is 12 years or older, traveling on the same flight.
The Unaccompanied Minor service fee is USD 60 each way. If two Unaccompanied Minors is traveling together, only one service fee is charged; if three to four Unaccompanied Minors are traveling together a double service fee's is charged.
Unaccompanied Minor Travel Guidelines:
Unaccompanied Minors must be checked-in by an adult guardian who must provide photo identification and contact information, as well as the relationship to the child. On arrival in the destination city, the Icelandair ground agent will also check photo identification and contact information before releasing the child to the guardian, who is predetermined in the child's reservation documents.
Travel documents for a Unaccompanied Minor are placed in a special Icelandair wallet, which is clearly visible on the child.
As of February 1st 2006
IGS employee at Keflavik Airport will need to escort those passengers requiring special assistance departing/arriving on Icelandair´s flights.
Relatives are not allowed to escort children, elderly or those needing special assistance when departing/arriving with flights at Keflavik Airport.
To book an Unaccompanied Minor, please contact us.
Unaccompanied Minors must be confirmed at least 3 days before the flight, so please allow for advance purchase.
- Can I travel with my pet?All pets transported on Icelandair travel in special climate-controlled transport areas in the cargo area of the aircraft*. A maximum of 4 animal crates can be carried on each aircraft, however two animals can share a crate if both are small and of the same species. Passengers must provide their own pet crates. The charge for pet transport is the excess baggage charge applicable to the destination.Pets must be booked in advanced in the passenger's reservation.To book your pet for transport please contact us**.Please note that many countries require a mandatory quarantine of pets upon entry. It is the responsibility of the passenger to determine the requirements of the country being entered. Please contact the embassy of your destination to determine if travel with your pet is permitted before you book your pet.*Escort, rescue, and sniffer dogs may be carried in the cabin; however they must also be booked in advanced.**When booking your pet for transport, you will be required to provide the exact dimensions and weight of the crate (inclusive of the pet's weight) for a confirmation.
- What rules apply for seeing eye dogs?A blind passenger accompanied by a seeing eye dog may have it in the cabin provided that the dog is properly harnessed and muzzled. The dog is not permitted to occupy a seat and must not block the aisle.Permits must be obtained for entry into the country of transit and or destination where necessary. Icelandair cannot be responsible if the seeing-eye dog is refused entry or passage through any country.If you or a family member requires special assistance while traveling, please contact us.
- I need to use a wheelchair, can I ask for assistance on board?Wheelchair service is provided for passengers who have difficulty moving to and from, or within, the aircraft. Please contact Reservations for wheelchair assistance and specify if the passenger is traveling with his or her own wheelchair and if it is electric.If you or a family member requires special assistance while traveling, please contact us.
- There are spelling and/or grammatical errors on this page
- There are accessibility issues on this page